The book of Romans is my second favourite in the Bible (second to John) and this morning I read through chapter 12.
Here’s my take on the chapter…
- Live for God
- Let God transform the way you think
- Be humble before God, recognise that all that you have comes from Him
- Everyone has a function in the Kingdom
- We are all of Christ’s body, all of us, belonging to and working with one another
- Use the gifts He’s given you and allow/encourage others to do likewise
- Whatever that gift may be, do it intentionally
- Live up to who He has made you to be, using the gifts He’s given you for the body
- Love all, abhor evil, cling to goodness
- Work together, love one another, encourage each other, serve together, be kind, have affection for one another
- Be deliberate about it!
- Rejoice in hope, be patient in times of trouble, pray always
- look after each other
- Bless those who seem to be against you, bless, bless and never curse. Desire their best, as Dad does.
- Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep – live life together
- Associate with humble people, don’t rely on your own opinions, be open to being wrong
- Don’t retaliate, rejoice in goodness
- Live in peace with everyone
- Don’t retaliate, that’s not your job. Your job is to bless.
- If your enemy is in need, help him out
- Don’t let the evil around you win, but over come it with goodness!
I love this stuff! It’s absolutely perfect.
- Let Dad direct the way you live.
- Encourage those around you to do the same.
- Let each one play their part in the kingdom.
- Love your enemies